Wednesday, June 15, 2016

PRAYERS FOR ORLANDO

 After the horrific events that took place in Orlando, Florida at club Pulse this past weekend my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who died and was affected by this tragedy. I was actually at a club myself when this took place and it got me wondering that something like this could have easily happened here in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. At times I do feel it is unsafe to go out and have fun at times because there are too many crazy people with hate in their hearts that really just want to see the world self destruct. I will not mention the murderer by name nor will I ever in my posts because I do not believe in the exploitation of monsters but I do think that our country definitely needs stricter gun laws that makes it more difficult to purchase the type of weaponry to produce such a massacre. Let alone an individual who had been questioned by the FBI for being linked to terrorism. How many more of these disasters is it going to take? It is still unclear the motive behind this attack. Even if it was because of mental illness an association with a terrorist group or not agreeing with someones sexual preference, that does not give someone the right to commit such heinous acts. I think it was great that Baton Rouge as well as other cities across the United States stepped up to the plate and held candle light visuals commemorating those we lost. I think in trying times it is best for us as a nation to stand together and showcase that terrorism on any level against our country will not be tolerated.

-Caleb Raves

No comments:

Post a Comment